The implementation of robotics and automation in the food sector offers great potential for improved safety, quality and profitability by optimising process monitoring and control.
Through use of food safe robotics automation technologies RTA can enable food processors and manufacturers to elimate many of the manual tasks in the production line – leading to increased efficiencies, throughput and product quality and a significantly reduce OH&S risks.
Our customers in the food industry have come to expect the highest performing robotic solutions, with food safe industrial robots built to handle a range of applications from upstream processing, sorting and packing through end of line palletization.
|Better process control||Easy to clean robot, minimum retention areas, connection protection|
|High reliability, high speed||Increased productivity|
|High dexterity, several mounting positions||Compact cell, less room required, simpler mechanical solution|
|Flexibility||Marketing innovative products and packaging|
|Vision and conveyor tracking||Product picked and controlled in process, in any position|
RTA provides robotics automation solutions for the following food processing applications:
- Primary meat processing – cutting, de-boning, portioning, tray loading and boxing
- Dairy processing – cutting, slicing, moulding, de-moulding, turning, spraying and boxing
- Cereal processing – dosing, toping, spacing and mixing and boxing
RTA is Authorised Systems Integrator and Partner for the Staubli range of humid environment robots incorporating cleanliness right from the design stage.
- Products designed for the food processing industry that meet all requirements of Machine Directive 1935.2004 (revised in 2006) and its hygiene component, EN 1672-2.
- No protective covers
- Compatible with the most commonly-used cleaning and disinfection solutions (can be washed and foamed in place)
- Integration into your production line with no need to modify cleaning procedures (HACCP)
- Approved for saline and maritime environment